Perl Skills Test

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 22:09:43 GMT 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
> Interesting question from a training client:
>
> "Do you know of a general Perl skills test (on-line or paper) that we could
> give to our Perl developers before you turn up.
>
> The idea is that the output could feed into the training you are doing for
> us."
>
> I don't[1]. Does anyone else have any ideas? I suppose I could write
> something. But I don't really have time.
>
> I don't want to get into the whole certification issue. That's not what this
> is about at all.

I guess it might be too late - but codility.com has among others also
Perl tests.  These are on-line, automated tests where you write a
short script and they run it against some precompiled input data and
test for correctness and that they finish in some reasonable time.
The tests are not meant to find the best candidate in the crowd - but
only to filter out those that cannot code at all and I believe they
are pretty efficient in that.

For a full disclosure - I know the founder personally and I envy his
business idea.

--
Zbigniew