Ruby?

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Wed Nov 16 11:50:11 GMT 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 11:17:00AM +0000, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:

> On 16 Nov 2011, at 10:53, Leo Lapworth wrote:
>
> > On 15 November 2011 22:05, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Any freelancers out there with Ruby experience could use some retainer
> >> time for support work?
> >
> > /me checks he's subscribed to the right list... yep.. says Perl in the
> > title still!
>
> So perl programmers aren't allowed to know other languages?

Nah. Perl is not just the best tool for any job, it's the only tool!
I thought everyone knew that. It would be heresy to think otherwise.
After all, Perl itself is written in, er...

> It's for the well-known West London media company who also make wide
> use of another dead language.

Not actually very well known to us. At least, very few of them seem to
appear at (Central) london.pm events. Do they have their very own Perl
Masons* group that they're successfully keeping secret? :-)

Or are they all in Salford already? Doublepluswest London.

Nicholas Clark

* http://www.slideshare.net/davorg/perl-masons
  No idea if the video from the LPW is online yet.