Beware: NET-A-PORTER

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 07:19:04 GMT 2011

On 09/12/2011, at 5:54 PM, Rudolf Lippan wrote:

> On Thursday, December 08, 2011 at 11:23:35 PM, Kieren Diment wrote:
>> I suspect this is a symptom of the GFC rather than anything more sinister. I'm sorry you and your not-to-be colleagues appear to be friendly fire in this circumstance.
>

> I don't know if I buy that:
>

> 6 December 2011:
>
> "...Net-a-porte[sic] has decided not to build a team here
> in the US. Apparently it's half the cost for them to build a team in the
> UK vs. here in the US..."
>

> 7 December 2011:
>    http://jobs.perl.org/job/14442

> Company name: 	Net-a-porter
> Internal ID: 	Junior Perl Developer - New Jersey
> Location: 	New York, NY, USA

Despite that information, I still buy it.  Business entities that no longer fit the "small" definition can hit the wall of stupidity/psychopathy (whereby the becoming one of the two become interchangeably  unidentifiable, despite prior good work) pretty fast.  So I'm still reading this as *symptom* of the GFC rather than caused by NAP being a bunch of bleeps.  However, it still sucks.  I'm just reluctant to point fingers etc.