Telecommuting

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.co.uk
Sat Dec 10 16:24:33 GMT 2011

2011/12/9 Zbigniew Łukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com>

> Recently I was surprised by the following (from a talk by Greg Wilson):
>
> Physical distance doesn’t affect post-release fault rates but Distance
> in the organisational chart does.
>
> Nagappan et all (2007) and Bird et al (2009)

Very interesting!

And the irony is I received the first email in this chain while on a
teleconference call to two developers in Ireland, a BA in London while on a
train to Manchester.
Our outsourced dev partners are in Ireland, London,Eastern Europe, and the
US, the customers/colleagues I'm delivering to are all around the world.
The daily Scrum we run has people participating who are in the office 2 or
3 days per week.
It's all possible if you manage the process, use adequate communication
tools and schedule effective meetings.

Regards, Peter