Beware: NET-A-PORTER

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Tue Dec 13 16:04:34 GMT 2011

On 12/13/2011 10:33 AM, Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:58:29 -0000, Simon Wistow <simon at thegestalt.org>
> wrote:
>
>> My health insurance premiums aren't much more than what I paid in NI
>> back in the UK - about $100 a month I think.
>
> But in the US you have no cover once you stop paying so you need to
> factor in additional money to cover premiums when you are between jobs
> and consider the cost of premiums as part of your retirement planning.

if you retire after age 65 you do get medicare which is a national
health insurance plan. so you don't need to factor that in so much. you
do need to buy some extra plans to cover some gaps but they aren't that
expensive.

this is the screwed up mentality here. we have a decent national plan
for over 65 and for military vets all run by our government. but a full
plan for all is anethema. the pee tarty (sic :) cry "keep the government
out of my medicare" which shows their ignorance and worse.
blecch.

uri