Should I work in the US or the UK? - which pays best?

David H. Adler dha at panix.com
Wed Dec 14 05:41:58 GMT 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 02:39:13PM -0800, Paul Mison wrote:

I guess I'll speak for the east coast.

> For me, as a culture vulture, SF doesn't cut it.

I happen to really like SF, but it's not NYC. :-)

> > The Politics

> I can imagine bugging out of the country within months if Gingrich
> gets the White House, UK recession or not.

Needless to say, I'd consider that possibility under those circumstances
too.

> Also, pubs. Bars just aren't the same. Love your local pub, Londoners.
> Be cosy in it. Enjoy meat pies and warm beer.

This is also a good point. I have no problem with bars here in the US,
but they are definitely not the same thing as pubs.

All this said, I do love my home town, and am always happy to have cool
people show up here. On the other hand, you may have noticed that I do
show up in London with a certain frequency. I guess my position is to
HAVE IT ALL MWAHAHAHA.

:-)

dha

--
David H. Adler - <dha at panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
XML is the Godwin's Law of programming conversations.