Testing databases with DBIx::Class

Richard Foley richard.foley at rfi.net
Wed Jan 11 08:25:06 GMT 2012

Running a one-way data-munger on the data would be a fair way to anonymize the
client sensitive content.  This has the benefit of using near-perfect data for
testing.

And while using "fixtures" and SQLlite is a great drop-in fudge, it's still a
fudge because it's not the same database system, the database functionality is
different, and the perl DBIx code is not the same either.  It's similar, but
it's not the same.  You end up testing apples and pears, similar perhaps, but
definitely not the same.

--
Ciao

Richard Foley