OT: Agile PM courses?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:06:21 GMT 2012

On 10 January 2012 12:37, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:
> This whole Scrum thing smells of "life coach".

There are a lot of charlatans about, but I'm pretty happy with how
we're doing it here - our "scrum master" has plenty of real world
experience both in development and agile project management and
applies it scientifically - we're even running Kanban for one team and
SCRUM for another as they better suit the projects, there are a lot of
buzzwords flying around and sometimes at a morning standup a couple of
people will go through the motions while chewing other some coding
detail rather than stepping back and thinking about they day in terms
of tasks, goals, etc.

On the whole it's working pretty well, the client(s) are happy, the
developers are pretty happy and it feels like making progress and
being mostly in control - even if it's only because sticking to a
methodology means that we're thinking about how we're doing things
more than if we weren't.

Cheers,

A.

--