CRUDdy DBIC question

Bob MacCallum uncoolbob at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:00:32 GMT 2012

Sorry about the Perl question.

We have a database model where the master copy of the data is file based.

Is there some DBIx::Class magic which does some kind of nested
update_or_create_or_delete?  For example, an object might initially be
written to the db along with its three children, but then someone
edits the file and removes one child, adds another, and edits an
existing child.

I've seen http://search.cpan.org/~scain/DBIx-DBStag-0.12/DBIx/DBStag.pm
and stag-storenode.pl - if we convert our files into Stag format
temporarily, maybe this could work.  Are there any other options I've
missed?

many thanks,
Bob.