OT: HTTP server that binds tcp6

Jesse Vincent jesse at fsck.com
Fri Jan 20 23:51:17 GMT 2012

On Jan 18, 2012, at 6:42 AM, Roger Burton West wrote:

> I have a handy short program which is built on top of
> HTTP::Server::Simple. That's fine, but now people want IPv6 support.
>
> Is there a convenient server backend which offers this? I've just been
> looking at POE::Component::Server::HTTP and
> POE::Component::Server::SimpleHTTP with no joy. Any recommendations? (Or
> a way of getting IPv6 out of HTTP::Server::Simple would be even better.)

I _believe_ there's a subclass of HTTP::Server::Simple that supports v6 well up on CPAN. There are also patches to HTTP::Server::Simple in a ticket in rt.cpan.org.

I haven't taken those patches because H::S::S is very much "core deps only" and so far, I haven't gotten properly conditionalized patches

Best,
Jesse