CRUDdy DBIC question

Toby Wintermute tjc at
Mon Jan 23 05:05:53 GMT 2012

On 20 January 2012 01:00, Bob MacCallum <uncoolbob at> wrote:
> Sorry about the Perl question.
> We have a database model where the master copy of the data is file based.
> Is there some DBIx::Class magic which does some kind of nested
> update_or_create_or_delete?  For example, an object might initially be
> written to the db along with its three children, but then someone
> edits the file and removes one child, adds another, and edits an
> existing child.
> I've seen
> and - if we convert our files into Stag format
> temporarily, maybe this could work.  Are there any other options I've
> missed?

Hi Bob,
Have you looked at this module?
It's a nested update, maybe you could extend it to cope with
create+delete as well?
(I note that DBIC already copes with nested create, at least)

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer
Things fall apart; the center cannot hold
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world