Laptop Recommendation

Andrew Jones andrewjones86 at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 23 17:21:50 GMT 2012

On 23 January 2012 12:51, Smylers <Smylers at stripey.com> wrote:
> The ThinkPad X220 also looks plausible. Anybody able to report on the
> touchpad? Or whether they off warranty extensions to 4 years?

I have the X220. The touchpad seems OK to me. I can only compare it to
the Asus Eee 901, as they are the only ones I have used, and its not
quite as good as that, but close. My main problem with the X220
touchpad is when I use too fingers to scroll, it either doesn't
register or ends up jumping half the page. On my Eee, I never had
these problems.

Of course it does also have the "nipple", but can't get the hang of that.

Other than the touchpad, I like the hardware buttons for volume and
mute, its light and feels well built.

Sorry, no idea about the warranty, its a work supplied laptop.

Hope this helps,
Andrew