Emacs as a perl IDE

Aaron Crane perl at aaroncrane.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 15:42:36 GMT 2012

Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 Jan 2012, at 14:06, Aaron Crane wrote:
>> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/dot-mode.el
>
> If I want to do that, I make a macro. Is that so hard?

No, it's certainly not hard.  But sometimes having a lower-friction
way of doing something similar is helpful.

Also, dot-mode extends the notion of Emacs keyboard macros, rather
than supplanting them: its dot-mode-copy-to-last-kbd-macro command is
useful in the situations when you perform some action, and then
immediately realise you're going to want it available as a macro.

--
Aaron Crane ** http://aaroncrane.co.uk/