Tech Talk Slides

Leo Lapworth leo at cuckoo.org
Fri Jan 27 13:11:44 GMT 2012

On 27 January 2012 12:56, Paul Makepeace <paulm at paulm.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:33, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
>> I hope the slides for the talks will appear online in the not too distant
>> future.
>
> Here's mine with a few fixes & annotations since last night,
> http://paulm.com/talks/Cukes%20&%20POW.pdf (5.8MB, yay PDF).
>
> The bit I think I didn't make clear enough was that Cucumber consists
> of two languages: the natural language spec you can show your boss,
> and Ruby/Perl/etc you actually write the test code in. I've labeled
> them on the slides now.

I found this this morning:

 http://railscasts.com/episodes/159-more-on-cucumber

Which kind'a made it cucumber clearer for me.

Those interested in this sort of thing might also want to check out
https://metacpan.org/module/Test::WWW::Selenium::More
(https://github.com/kablamo/Test-WWW-Selenium-More)

which has Moosey goodness (so using it as a base class
and adding your own 'login()' etc methods is easy), and it has lots of
helper methods for AJAX / loading type stuff.

We developed it at work after the last Selenium talks at NAP,
we've only just converted / release it to CPAN so it needs
a bit more doc love, but we're smoking our test site twice
a day (through Jenkins), both code and selenium.

Enjoy!

Leo