Tech Talk Slides

Leo Lapworth leo at
Fri Jan 27 13:11:44 GMT 2012

On 27 January 2012 12:56, Paul Makepeace <paulm at> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:33, Dave Cross <dave at> wrote:
>> I hope the slides for the talks will appear online in the not too distant
>> future.
> Here's mine with a few fixes & annotations since last night,
> (5.8MB, yay PDF).
> The bit I think I didn't make clear enough was that Cucumber consists
> of two languages: the natural language spec you can show your boss,
> and Ruby/Perl/etc you actually write the test code in. I've labeled
> them on the slides now.

I found this this morning:

Which kind'a made it cucumber clearer for me.

Those interested in this sort of thing might also want to check out

which has Moosey goodness (so using it as a base class
and adding your own 'login()' etc methods is easy), and it has lots of
helper methods for AJAX / loading type stuff.

We developed it at work after the last Selenium talks at NAP,
we've only just converted / release it to CPAN so it needs
a bit more doc love, but we're smoking our test site twice
a day (through Jenkins), both code and selenium.