5 minimums for any perl script?

Sam Kington sam at illuminated.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 16:21:33 GMT 2012

On 30 Jan 2012, at 15:44, Mike Whitaker wrote:
> On 30 Jan 2012, at 15:40, Sam Kington wrote:
>
>> In the code that we write at $WORK, any filehandle we close tends to be a log file or something, so adding extra boilerplate to our close statements would just be annoying.
>
> use 5.10;
> use autodie;
>
> perhaps?

If that makes perlcritic shut up, possibly. Although I suspect it wouldn't - we tend to put common pragmas like that in our internal "our::way" module, which also does things like enabling strictures and (most) warnings, unicode strings, English variables, etc. etc. in the calling package. So perlcritic wouldn't see autodie in the source and would still bitch and moan.

Sam
--
Website: http://www.illuminated.co.uk/