Presentation skills class in London this April

Damian Conway damian at conway.org
Tue Feb 28 04:55:57 GMT 2012

(Apologies for the following U.C.E. But, hey, at least it's off-topic! ;-)

Several of the denizens of this list have already contacted me regarding
the class on presentation skills that I'm running for FlossUK on April 16
there in London, but I just realized that I never actually announced it.

The course is the full-day extended-and-improved version of the 1-3hr
class that some of you may previously have sat in on at various OSCONs
or YAPCs. Basically, I spend all day explaining--and demonstrating--my
evil secrets for giving compelling and convincing technical presentations.

If any of you would be interested in attending the full class in April,
I'd encourage you to sign up as soon as you can
(http://www.flossuk.org/Events/PresentationSkills2012)
...or to contact me directly if you have any questions about it.

I'd be grateful if you would also consider mentioning the class to any
friends or colleagues not on this list who might be interested. The
class goes into some depth on how to present code effectively, but is in
no way Perl-specific, so we would be just as delighted to help
Pythonistas, Javans, Schemers, Rubyators, Haskellites, or anyone else
improve their technical communication skills.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing many of you at the London.pm
talk on April 11th...but if feel you'd also like to be outraged and
disillusioned when I subsequently reveal the many sneaky rhetorical
tricks I will have used on you that evening, then please do consider
coming along to the FlossUK class on the 16th as well. ;-)

Thanks,

Damian