[ANNOUNCE] London Perl Mongers Technical Meeting 2012-04-11

Leo Lapworth leo at cuckoo.org
Wed Feb 29 08:57:11 GMT 2012

Hi Paul,

On 28 February 2012 21:55, Paul <londonpm90123 at rainslide.net> wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 February, 2012 at 14:27:17 GMT, L?on Brocard wrote:
>>
>> Damian will be presenting:
>>
> [...snipped a load of garbage...]

I'm going to put "garbage" down to a lack of humour and not having
come across a Damian talk before (London.pm has been lucky enough to
have Damian talk for us several times in the past, and he doesn't
charge us for the pleasure).

> What is this meeting actually about?

A quick google will point you to:
http://damian.conway.org/About_us/Bio_formal.html

Damian is a fantastic (professional) speaker, and Perl developer -
what he's speaking about usually doesn't matter, if he's speaking you
want to see it just from the quality and humour of the presentation.
He explains very complex issues (quantum superpositions for example)
in a way you completely understand at the time.

If you are after technical content that you will find directly useful
to your day to day work, then this may not be the talk you are looking
for.

As it is I can see that there are only a couple of spaces left.

Cheers

Leo