[ANNOUNCE] London Perl Mongers Technical Meeting 2012-04-11

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Feb 29 11:18:29 GMT 2012

On 29 Feb 2012, at 11:04, Paul wrote:

> There are a number of us who live in the home counties, so getting into London requires a bit of planning and is quite a hassle. I have seen Damian talk before, and while he is interesting, I'd just like to know beforehand how much I would find "directly useful in my day to day work". Thanks.

I think it would be quite hard to guess how much a talk would be "directly useful in my day to day work" given that we have no idea of either what your employment consists of, or what the actual content of the talk will be (having not seen it before).

You're expecting the list to be able to give you a quantitative metric given no quantitive data (and without a scale - is 'directly useful' a number, a %, a quotient…).

Sorry, but that just isn't possible without making an entirely wild guess… As such, I guess 42.

Cheers
Tomas