Mason

Kevin Falcone kevin at jibsheet.com
Fri Mar 2 15:53:20 GMT 2012

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 12:45:24AM +0100, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Disadvantages are that it's tied to mod_perl.  I believe that means that
> you can't bring plack into the equation which, in turn, means that you
> can't take advantage of the plack middleware.  I'd be pleased to be
> shown that I'm mistaken here.

We ran mason under fastcgi for years before Plack came along, and
these days we use HTML::Mason::PSGIHandler.

I'm not a fan of the "dispatcher" in mason, but I don't object to the
templating system (provided you avoid the pitfalls you mentioned of
defining an actual subroutine rather than a subref, and avoid some of
the more interesting features such as METHOD blocks).

-kevin