Programming Heresy

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Fri Mar 30 16:20:58 BST 2012

On 03/30/2012 05:24 AM, Steve Mynott wrote:
> Has anyone tried programming outside?
>
> E-ink (like on the Kindle) works well in sunlight and I wondered if
> any such device would be useable (ideally with a decent keyboard).

in years (and decades) past, i did some coding on source printouts. i
could do it anywhere including outside which i enjoyed immensely. my
coding on paper was scribbles, crossed out code, arrows moving things
around, very fugly pseudocode notation only i could decipher, etc. often
it was just enough to make me remember my ideas which i could then type
up on a keyboard. i could be very creative when coding on paper like
that (in or outdoors) but i still have fond memories of outdoor sessions
in the shade under sunny skies. :)

uri