Programming Heresy

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Fri Mar 30 18:14:31 BST 2012

On 03/30/2012 12:52 PM, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> Me too. I actually found these paper sessions some of the most
> productive ever. Just recently I had my head in a bunch of confusing
> object relations and wished for the soothing sound of a dot matrix
> (shows last time I did it) that would let me see wtf was going on…

at least i still did it in laser printer days (and i wouldn't mind doing
it more now but i am not doing lots of coding very recently). nicely
printed code with clean fonts makes this more enjoyable. i code in the
white space areas and sometimes on the backs of pages (i try to
doubleside print to save paper). when i run out of room in one area, a
long arrow does a goto to another white area! as i said, this is for me
alone and i never show it to anyone for fear of causing severe retinal
damage.

uri