Professional Indemnity

Simon Wilcox essuu at
Wed May 2 13:16:53 BST 2012

On 02/05/2012 12:32, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> On 02/05/2012 00:04, Dirk Koopman wrote:
>> The problem with PI is that you have to have it when the punter makes 
>> the claim, not (just) when you did the work. Which means that if the 
>> BBC (just talking very hypothetically) wants to sue three years after 
>> you left them, and you have no PI in force, then you could be stuffed.
> You can get what the insurance industry calls run-on insurance to 
> cover you for claims arising from past work. It's relatively cheap if 
> you're no longer contracting. 

It's run-off insurance, not run-on. I was only looking at this the other 
day ferchrisakes.


More information about the mailing list