error/exception aggregation during a "big" dbic load

Bob MacCallum uncoolbob at gmail.com
Tue May 8 22:03:53 BST 2012

Hello - I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for how to keep track of
errors while loading a big chunk of data into a dbic schema (in a
txn_do(...), from a file).

The problem is that I don't want to throw an exception as soon as I
encounter the first error (for example a user record missing its required
email field) - I would rather create some placeholder data and carry on
that I can dump a list of the errors right at the end before rolling back
the transaction.  The reason I want this is because the input file is
provided by a third party and it would reduce the number of emails back and
forth if we can send them as many corrections as possible at one time.

Being a bioinformaticist and not a pro coder, I didn't know what to google
for (I tried what I could) so apologies if the answer's out there on CPAN.
I can't be the only person who's ever wanted to do this.

thanks,
Bob.