event driven serial port handlers

Mark Fowler mark at twoshortplanks.com
Wed May 9 14:09:20 BST 2012

On Wednesday, 9 May 2012 at 12:46, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> My question is: is this going to be grossly inefficient bearing in mind
> that I want to do this in a process that also serves the data in some
> HTML5ish that allows me and others go "oo-ah" at the lovely webby guages
> and graphs?

Why is this happening in the same process?  Couldn't you just store the results in some sort of database (or for that matter, simple flat file on disk.)  The two separate processes you've got here (talking to the spottily connected weather station) and serving web pages seem like they'd better off being two, ahem, separate processes.

Mark.

--
Mark Fowler
http://www.twoshortplanks.com/