[OT] Prepaid mobile plans with data, possibly roaming

Chris Carline chris at carline.org
Tue Aug 21 16:23:08 BST 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Nuno Jesus <nunjesus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm also going to London very soon and I was thinking to order a giffgaff
> SIM card. They seem to have the best prices. Am I missing something?

I use giffgaff and they're absolutely fine, even great, for phone and
mobile data service, but I use a 3 mifi for general data tethering
applications when the need arises (rather than turn my phone into a
battery-sucking hot brick). They're much more set up for this sort of
thing than giffgaff are too (e.g. being able to buy a "daily pass"
500Mb for £2.99 -- which actually lasts for up to 48 hours if you get
your timings right). Also, being able to buy SIMs/top-up vouchers
pretty much anywhere is a boon, too.