[OT] Prepaid mobile plans with data, possibly roaming

Daniel Perrett perrettdl at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 23 10:24:29 BST 2012

"The charge is to attempt to mitigate the Tragedy of the Commons which
would affect everyone else"
Um, but the people who watch hours of videos on their telephones are
the cause of bandwidth problems, not the people who tether their
laptops so they can open attachments more easily or run git push once
an hour. You're arguing for usage caps, bandwidth controls, or
metering and charging, not for tethering charges.

But those things are not popular with the people who use lots of data,
and they might switch. Whereas people who want tethering are more
likely to have a job with good pay and their hassle/expense tradeoff
is different so they just fork over the cash.

Daniel