Brainbench perl test?

Dave Hodgkinson davehodg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:37:35 BST 2012

On 28 Aug 2012, at 14:09, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone done this lately? Still as useful as it used to be?

Thanks for all the comments. In response:

1. Yes, I think it's an idiot filter

2. Joel, you're wrong. How do people who don't know perl, get
   the beginnings of a benchmark?

3. And yes, it gives no clue how someone knows the whole stack,
   their problem solving ability, their knowledge of important
   scaffold (CI, testing &c)

4. Apparently they also want a "verbal reasoning test" so I suspect
   they've been burned by some people who can't code *or* communicate
   in the past

5. Uri, they's why they pay you the big bucks

6. I still don't know why there isn't a supply-side agency, aside from
   Linkedin, so we can cut out salesmen