Brainbench perl test?
davehodg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:37:35 BST 2012
On 28 Aug 2012, at 14:09, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone done this lately? Still as useful as it used to be?
Thanks for all the comments. In response:
1. Yes, I think it's an idiot filter
2. Joel, you're wrong. How do people who don't know perl, get
the beginnings of a benchmark?
3. And yes, it gives no clue how someone knows the whole stack,
their problem solving ability, their knowledge of important
scaffold (CI, testing &c)
4. Apparently they also want a "verbal reasoning test" so I suspect
they've been burned by some people who can't code *or* communicate
in the past
5. Uri, they's why they pay you the big bucks
6. I still don't know why there isn't a supply-side agency, aside from
Linkedin, so we can cut out salesmen
More information about the london.pm