[ANNOUNCE] London Perl M[ou]ngers September Social - 2012-09-06 - The Edgar Wallace, Strand, WC2R_3JF

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker ilmari at ilmari.org
Fri Aug 31 13:36:04 BST 2012

Hi all,

The September London.pm Social will be next Thursday, September 6th, at
The Edgar Wallace in Aldwych/Strand.  They serve tasty pub food and have
a large and ever-changing selection of lovely ales.  We've got tables
reserved upstairs from 18:30 onwards.

See you there!

The Edgar Wallace
40-41 Essex Street
London WC2R 3JF
http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Edgar_Wallace,_WC2R_3JF

Standard blurb:

Social meets are a chance for the various members of the group to meet
up face to face and chat with each other about things - both Perl and
(mostly) non-Perl - and newcomers are more than welcome. The monthly
meets tend to be bigger than the other ad hoc meetings that take place
at other times, and we make sure that they're in easy to get to
locations and the pub serves food (meaning that people can eat in the
bar if they want to). They normally start around 6.30pm (or whenever
people get there after work) and a group tends to be left come closing
time.

If you're a newcomer or other first timer (even if you've been lurking
on the mailing list or on IRC) then please seek our Glorious Leader Tom
out - we have a tradition that the leader of this motley crew buys the
new people a drink and introduces them to people.

--
ilmari
"A disappointingly low fraction of the human race is,