Who made the law?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Aug 31 19:10:00 BST 2012

On 31/08/2012 11:54, Mark Fowler wrote:

> Q. Won't publishing a code of conduct indicate that there's a problem?
> That London.pm is the kind of place where such a conduct occurs?
>
> A. I'm afraid, through no fault of its own, London.pm _already_ has that
> image to _outsiders_ that do not have experience of the community
directly.
> This, sadly, is because IT communities at large have gained this
reputation.

You're worried about the opinions of those who assume that because a
person looks like or has a similar background to another person they
must therefore behave the same as that other person?

This is like saying that women walking home at night should carry
placards saying "I'm not a prostitute" just because some dumb bastards
might think that because some women who are out on the street at night
are hookers they all are.

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice