Can I get some advice on best way to start Perl Programming

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Fri Aug 31 23:52:04 BST 2012

On 08/31/2012 06:09 PM, Denny wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 11:16 +0000, Rick Deller wrote:
>> I have brought  a couple of books on the subject which I'm reading through
>>
>> I'm very keen to learn more and how to do it
>>
>> Can anyone suggest more books or another way of doing it ?
>
> As well as Mark's suggestions, I can personally recommend the Perl
> courses run by Dave Cross from this group.  I did one of his
> intermediate courses a few years back, and he's just recently started
> doing more beginner and cross-training courses if I recall correctly.

also the o'reilly school of technology has 4 levels of perl courses
written by peter scott. what is good about their setup is you code up
answers to problems on their sandbox and get them reviewed by a trainer
before you can pass. so you go at your own pace but with help. and you
can signup at anytime and not need to wait for a course nearby.

uri