Who made the law?

Mark Fowler mark at twoshortplanks.com
Sat Sep 1 14:42:20 BST 2012

On Saturday, 1 September 2012 at 08:56, William Blunn wrote:
> On 31/08/2012 10:39, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
> > And more explicit rules mostly mean more incentives to game the system.
>
> We could have a rule which says "No gaming the system".

I'm not proposing a "system", so there's no "system" to be gamed.  I'm proposing a code of conduct which is *simply* a written down version of informing people that we[1] won't put up with the stuff that traditionally (you know, being nice human beings) we wouldn't put up with anyway.  We[1] might not put up with stuff that's not explicitly listed too.  Anyone who wants to "game" a code of conduct is on dubious footing, and their grand prize in "defeating" the code of conduct will be subject to the same arbitrary judgement that they're now at.  This isn't a court of law[2]

Mark.

[1] And by "we" I obviously mean "Tom who makes the decisions about all of this and us lot that will follow them"

[2] That's not to say laws of the land don't apply here, just that, despite the subject, a code of conduct isn't one.