Can I get some advice on best way to start Perl Programming

'lesleyb' lesleyb at herlug.org.uk
Sun Sep 2 23:10:05 BST 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:09:47PM +0100, Denny wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 11:16 +0000, Rick Deller wrote:
> > I have brought  a couple of books on the subject which I'm reading through
> >
> > I'm very keen to learn more and how to do it
> >
> > Can anyone suggest more books or another way of doing it ?
>
> As well as Mark's suggestions, I can personally recommend the Perl
> courses run by Dave Cross from this group.  I did one of his
> intermediate courses a few years back, and he's just recently started
> doing more beginner and cross-training courses if I recall correctly.
>
> His website is http://mag-sol.com/ - it doesn't look like he's got any
> dates coming up in the immediate future, but there's a mailing list you
> can subscribe to.

"Perl School News

The next Perl School will be on 6th October. Dave Cross will be re-running the
"Modern Perl for Non-Perl Programmers" course that some of you have
already been on. Tickets are £30 for a full-day course and you can buy
them at:

   http://perlschool2.eventbrite.co.uk/

Dave Cross is starting to plan the next Perl School. He thinks it will be on 8th
December and will be on the subject of Object Oriented Programming in
Perl. "

Also see http://perlschool.co.uk/