Can I get some advice on best way to start Perl Programming

Damon Allen Davison damon at
Mon Sep 3 12:25:11 BST 2012

On Friday, 31 August 2012 at 12:16, Rick Deller wrote:
> I have brought a couple of books on the subject which I'm reading through
> I'm very keen to learn more and how to do it
> Can anyone suggest more books or another way of doing it ?
Hi Rick,

One of the ways I improved my code when I first started with Perl was to sign up to ( and participate in that community. They are very friendly to beginners there.

You might want to learn programming as a private person as you'll find a great distrust of recruiters in tech communities.

Damon Allen Davison