Brainbench perl test?

Mr I cub4ucme at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 13:48:01 BST 2012

I'll stop after this :)

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Avishalom Shalit <avishalom at gmail.com>wrote:

> i disagree.
> "Given that fib(n) is equal to fib(n-1) + fib(n-2) write a fib function in
> any language"
> is a well defined function ,
> apart from the base case , that I would assume the applicant ask about
> before coding an exploding recursion.

> if you'd have calld it g() instead of fib() it would be the same.

Again.. You *KNOW* the fibonacci sequence. This knowledge drives your
approach.

Can't you see that without this knowledge (which is
not necessarily essential to know as a programmer) the problem presents
itself completely differently. Consider the example I gave. How will you
approach that? I bet you'd approach completely differently if you KNEW
vedic mathematics.

You do not want to be assessing their knowledge of mathematics. You want to
be assessing their programming acumen