Interview Questions (was: Brainbench)

Avishalom Shalit avishalom at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 23:31:40 BST 2012

ok now that the subject line has changed to reflect the interview process,
here is what i think the ideal interview is (experienced this both as
interviewee and as hiring manager.)

it should be a very short internship,
i.e. here is a masked part of a problem we are working on, lets discuss
this for a bit, then i'll let you work on this 2 hours and we'll meet again
to discuss.

when I interviewed (for another company some time ago) the entire algo team
showed up for the post work review, and this happened twice, it was a 7
hour day. (~3.5 hours per problem)

when i interviewed , i started with a homework question and then discussed
it in the interview. (and asked followups)
nothing like seeing someone do actual work, while looking over his shoulder
on an actual computer.
here, this is the entry
point, have a look. http://upstream.shalit.name/
-- vish