Brainbench perl test?

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Thu Sep 6 22:07:57 BST 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Uri Guttman <uri at stemsystems.com> wrote:
> maybe i overstepped in calling that a serious coder filter. i would never
> just use that determining a skilled coder. it could be useful to filter out
> the total losers. i speak to hiring managers all the time and they give out
> similar tests just to filter out the losers.

There seems to be some evidence that even trivial problems are a good
way of filtering,

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2010/02/the-nonprogramming-programmer.html
(and neighboring posts)

is an interesting & entertaining (& slightly disturbing) read.

I can't imagine scheduling an in-person interview without a phone
screen and ideally a github link beforehand.

Paul