Wanted: Speakers for London.pm Technical Meeting

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 21:02:38 BST 2012

On 16/10/2012 17:06, Pedro Figueiredo wrote:
> On 16 Oct 2012, at 16:39, Leon Brocard <acme at astray.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 07:53:38PM +0100, Leon Brocard wrote:
>>> I'm trying to organise a technical meeting for the 2012-10-30 in Victoria
>>> London. I'm looking for a few speakers for 20 minute talks. Perhaps you might
>>> like to practice your London Perl Workshop talk? Could you email me offlist if
>>> you're interested?
>> Pretty please?
> Well, I have 2 talks, one that I've written and presented last week at the Hive London Meetup, but is not Perl related at all:
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/pfig/my-life-as-a-beekeeper
>
> and another one I've been mulling and considering writing to submit to LPW, but I'm afraid it wouldn't warrant me many friends in the L.pm community, it's titled "The problem with Perl" and is basically me ranting about the nice things in Java and Python that we (as in, myself until I started doing serious Java and Python, and some other L.pm'ers I've talked with) just tend to shrug off or don't even think about, or think they're bad but they're actually not bad at all.
>
> The problem with the first talk is that it's target audience are people who already know Hive, and with the second the fact that I value my physical integrity :)
>
> Cheers!
Pedro,

Please submit this to LPW this year, I think that this is just the type
of talk i would love to have presented, there is a large part of our
community that values learning about the aspects of other programming
languages we don't understand, relate to, or perhaps know. A workshop is
an -ideal- place for that.

Look forward to seeing the submission, this Friday is the closing date :)

Regards

Mark

--
Mark Keating BA (Hons), Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder.
Managing Director: http://www.shadow.cat