Perl syntax highlighting

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Oct 26 23:38:40 BST 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 08:43:59AM +0100, William Blunn wrote:

> What do people reckon to use when wanting to do Perl syntax highlighting
> (Perl ? HTML), such as one might want to use in one's source code
> repository browser.
>
> There is an existing repository browser installation at $employer which
> does Perl syntax highlighting, but I've found the existing highlighter
> to be a bit mediocre in as much as it doesn't handle some rather common
> cases. The people who look after the repository browser have been
> working on improving the syntax highlighter, and have so far managed to fix:

Back when I used cgit, I wrote a little script that wrapped around
perltidy for syntax highlighting.  These days I just let github do all
that.

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.
At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear
shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house.
   -- Robert A Heinlein