25 Years of Perl

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker ilmari at ilmari.org
Tue Nov 20 16:50:12 GMT 2012

Matt Freake <matthew.d.freake at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
>

>> Yeah. Got TT and Mason on my list. Was Embperl ever really important. I
>> know I have a strong aversion to it (and I think you might also have the
>> same aversion - engendered by the same project).
>>

> That project was the only one where I used a "proper" templating system, so
> I felt obliged to mention it :-) I did struggle to find others using it
> though, when searching for support/online resources/etc (although Gerald
> himself was always very helpful)

I used Embperl in my first Perl project: a web interface to control and
graph (using GD, natch) the ISDN connection on the Linux box acting as a
router for the home network. This must have been around 1997-1998.

--
"The surreality of the universe tends towards a maximum" -- Skud's Law
"Never formulate a law or axiom that you're not prepared to live with