25 Years of Perl

Adrian Howard adrianh at quietstars.com
Fri Nov 23 16:37:10 GMT 2012

</lurk>

Annoyingly I'm not going to be able to go to LPW tomorrow now (post-op
dog needs looking after rather more than was anticipated) but one
thing that's not been mentioned is the evolution of the Perl testing
framework.

Test.pm pre-dates Beck's seminal SUnit, and Perl folk caught the
testing bug much earlier than most other languages. IMHO Test.pm and
chromatic/schwern's Test::Builder would be on the timeline as
significant events in the Perl world. We still have, I think, the best
testing frameworks and infrastructure in any language.

Cheers,

Adrian

<lurk>