25 Years of Perl

David H. Adler dha at panix.com
Sun Nov 25 04:38:41 GMT 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:16:04PM +0000, Guinevere Nell wrote:
> I was looking for Cogent (David Hand)'s module that allowed you to write
> Perl in Latin in Klingon that parsed Javascript, I think? But all I found
> was Conway's Latin<http://search.cpan.org/~dconway/Lingua-Romana-Perligata-0.50/lib/Lingua/Romana/Perligata.pm>&
> Klingon<http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/Lingua-tlhInganHol-yIghun-20090601/lib/Lingua/tlhInganHol/yIghun.pm>ones,
> but reminds me, Conway's Game of Life - Damian's and the
> original <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway's_Game_of_Life>, written to
> run in perl, was also a small milestone too, no?

I believe those were all separate projects, although cogent may have
wanted to combine the JavaScript parser and the Klingon. I know he was
after Damian for a while to actually *release* the code for programming
Perl in Klingon, but I don't believe he ever did. Damian did, however
release Lingua::Romana::Perligata and cogent was working on a JavaScript
parser a while back. Not sure if it ever got officially released or what
state it might be in at this late date.

dha

--
David H. Adler - <dha at panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
Invention is arrived at by intelligent stumbling