Perl outreach

Wendy G.A. van Dijk nl.pm at wendy.org
Tue Nov 27 10:24:03 GMT 2012

At 07:07 PM 11/26/2012, Salve J Nilsen wrote:
 >Daniel Mantovani said:
 >> The solution is simple and we already know that, so let's start talk
 >> how fantastic I can solve the problem foo in Perl in a Ruby event,
 >> let's talk about Perl in a PostgreSQL event and so go on. And people
 >> we will see Perl how Perl really are.
 >
 >FOSDEM might be a good place to do this. :)
 >
 >- Salve

We will not have a devroom this year at FOSDEM (
https://fosdem.org/2013/ ) because the organisers thought it would be
honest to give it this year to the Python people.  Huh what?  Well,
yeah, last year Perl did have a devroom and Python did not, so we
decided to turn that around this year.

Sigh...

I applied again for a booth with 2 tables.  No response yet (decision
will be made next week).  If we get the booth, the Dutch and Belgian
Perl Mongers will be there.  Liz and I will be there with our camel
and our library of Perl books.  And a lot of promotional
material.  And several German Perl Mongers already promised to come as well.

Anyway...  Indeed, FOSDEM is a great place to show the greatness of
Perl to other people.  FOSDEM is the largest open source event, even
larger than OSCON.  Admission is free.

Greetz,
Wendy