Agenda Perl and open source events

Wendy G.A. van Dijk nl.pm at wendy.org
Wed Dec 5 21:15:33 GMT 2012

At 09:52 PM 12/5/2012, Mark Fowler wrote:
 >On Wednesday, 5 December 2012 at 15:12, Wendy G.A. van Dijk wrote:
 >> In case anybody is interested. Not all these
 >> dates are in other collections of events.
 >
 >For those that have firm dates, it would be great to get these
 >published in all kinds of directories.  For example, pushing them into
 >http://lanyd.com.  Would you be able to do that?

Ehrm, no: "This domain has been registered for a 123-reg customer".
Perl event dates should be kept at perl.org and yapceurope.org and
such.  Since I'm doing booths at Fosdem and other open source
conferences, I'm collecting dates like this a bit more active that
other people...  I'm just mad like that.

 > (and for those of you organising conferences, please bear in mind
 >it's almost impossible to promote them without firm dates, and people
 >are already deciding what time to book holidays, etc next year)

I think the organising people know that.  Organising things can be
difficult enough.  Some people, like Andrew Shitov, Laurent Boivin
and Mark Keating, they do it like it is making a cheese
sandwich.  For me, organising an event with speakers, it is hell and
it takes me forever.  So kudos to the organisers, and take your time,
make it a nice one, and tell everybody about it, and maybe we all will come.

Wendy