Testsuites and External Dependancies?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Dec 6 13:19:14 GMT 2012

On 06/12/2012 13:04, Peter Sergeant wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Mark Fowler <mark at twoshortplanks.com>wrote:
>
>> If you don't have Keyboard Maestro installed on your Mac[1] it's useless
>

> My understanding is that this is what the Alien:: namespace is for...
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~abergman/Alien-0.91/lib/Alien.pm
>
> And that the correct solution is to write Alien::KeyboardMaestro, on which
> your module should rely.

That would just move the problem to Alien::KeyboardMaestro, for which
he'd get bogus test failures on other OSes.  Alien::* exist so that you
can have CPAN.pm install C pre-requisites such as libraries, it's not
really for installing commercial closed-source software.

Eye have a spelling chequer / It came with my pea sea
It planely marques four my revue / Miss Steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a quay and type a word / And weight for it to say
Weather eye am wrong oar write / It shows me strait a weigh.