Testsuites and External Dependancies?

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes sthoenna at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 16:34:01 GMT 2012

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:48 AM, Mark Fowler <mark at twoshortplanks.com> wrote:
> 1) Detect using ps if Keyboard Maestro Engine is running and skip the tests if it's not (and leave the user to wonder why my module passes tests and doesn't work.)

Is there a distinction between the engine running and the program
installed?  If so, you may want to prompt "No Engine running; start it
before continuing.  Proceed? (Y/N)" with a default of N (upon which
you exit 0).

(Safe prompting during module building is done with
ExtUtils::MakeMaker::prompt() or Module::Build's prompt method; not
sure what the Module::Install way is.)