cpan you have to see

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 10:03:30 GMT 2012

There is CPANTS (http://cpants.charsbar.org/index.html) which checks Kwalitee

> Would hurling a PBP test at the whole of CPAN to get a metric be of any benefit?

As already mentioned Perl Critic could be done, but perhaps with a
very high tolerence level and focus more on big mistakes and risks
than good style - certainly feasible (McCabe score in 3 digits, much
more useful than whether bare, explicit or implicit return used).

There are plenty of useful tools for skimming the cream of CPAN :
* CPAN Ra(n)tings which is already integrated into metacpan
* metacpan recommendation/endorsements (
https://metacpan.org/favorite/leaderboard, not linked from front page,
which is a shame as it's a really nice feature)
* http://cpan-u.sysd.org/ which is an amazon/netflix style recommendation system
* https://www.socialtext.net/perl5/

There is a LOT on CPAN, but it's not about the size, it's about what
you do with it, and the eco-system and tools around it continue to
improve and set the bar higher for similar code repos :)

Cheers,

Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk