We get a dev-room at Fosdem after all. Emergency Call for Papers!

Duncan Garland duncan.garland at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 26 11:20:08 GMT 2013

Hi,

Isn't this something TPF should get behind?

The Perl Community organises good conferences but they tend to be for quite
small audiences. I've been told that YAPC Tokyo is the biggest with roughly
800 attendees and the next biggest ones are grouped around the 300 mark.

 Fosdem claims to attract 5000.

We always talk about breaking out of the echo chamber, but never seem sure
about how to do it. Isn't this an important opportunity?

Shouldn't TPF commit to sponsoring this today and then launch a drive to
find a commercial sponsor to reimburse TPF?

(Perl still isn't listed on https://fosdem.org/2013/schedule/ as having a
developer room.)

Regards

Duncan