Perl School 4: Database Programming with Perl and DBIx::Class

Hakim Cassimally hakim.cassimally at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 07:48:34 GMT 2013

Hello,

On 6 February 2013 07:18, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:

> Perl School 4 is this Saturday (9th Feb). It's an introduction to
> DBIx::Class.
>
> It's a full-day course for £30 and it takes place at Google Campus in
> London.

Golly, that looks almost absurdly reasonably priced!

That's not just compared to the commercial training companies with
small groups, dedicated building overheads, lunch, computer equipment
etc which if I remember rightly would be maybe £500-1000 a day?

But even assuming that Google Campus has a community, grassroots
focus, and is therefore offering cheap/free room, that you have a
larger classroom size, and save money by having them all bring their
own laptops, £30 seems fairly competitive against similar courses run
by Manchester MadLab's Omniversity.

osf'