Perl School 4: Database Programming with Perl and DBIx::Class

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Wed Feb 6 20:23:19 GMT 2013

On 02/06/2013 08:06 PM, Roland Schmitz wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> do you plan to repeat this course or your "Modern Perl for Non-Perl
> Programmers" next to this years LPW?

Hi Roland,

The Perl School courses are about six hours long. The tutorials I give
at the LPW are generally two or three hours long. And I'd be loathe to
spend the whole day giving a tutorial at the LPW as a) the attendees
wouldn't see any other talks and b) I wouldn't see any talks :)

Last year's LPW was a two-hour "taster" for the Perl School Moose class.
I expect there's a chance that we'll do something similar this year[1].

Having said that, the plan has always been that I'd rerun the Perl
School classes at some point. I've already run the "Modern Perl" one
twice, and I'm planning to rerun the Moose and DBIC ones very soon.

So one of them might be run close to the LPW. But not on the same day.

Cheers,

Dave...

[1] Always assuming that I'm invited to give a class at this year's LPW.

Dave Cross :: dave at dave.org.uk
http://dave.org.uk/
@davorg