Billing a client

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 08:32:04 GMT 2013

Oh, I did have an engineering report - in that instance, they refused to give me the report until I'd paid them for it (they're also giving me an implicit support agreement for the life of the project with that deal).  The surveyor on the other hand asks for 30 day terms (and they charge for everything they do).  I think the best compromise is to state terms explicitly  in the contract.  Withholding until payment is a good way to fix the problem in absence of a contract.